GOOD FORTUNE MARKET CLOSED ON WEDNESDAY 28 AND THURSDAY 29 SEPTEMBER DUE TO SEVERE WEATHER HITTING ADELIADE
Due to the unpredictability of mother nature and information received from the Bureau of Meteorology, Adelaide Festival Centre regrettably announces that Good Fortune Market, the festival hub in Elder Park, will be closed Wednesday 28 and Thursday 29 September due to the severe weather set to hit Adelaide.
The decision has been made by festival organisers as the uncontrollable weather conditions mean that it is unsafe for the Good Fortune Market to go ahead.
UPDATES FOR FRIDAY 30 SEPTEMBER
As a result of the weather, the following decisions have been made this morning about OzAsia Festival programming for Friday 30 September:
- The Good Fortune Market will remain open
- The Outdoor Concert Series program for Friday evening in the Good Fortune Market will not proceed
- The AAPPAC function that was planned for the VIP space in the Good Fortune Market will be relocated
- The BASS outlet in the GFM will not be operational
- This evening's performance of Phare Circus will proceed in Ukiyo Tent, patrons to enter via main gates, any tickets can be collected from Ukiyo Tent
- All other programming (Skin, Two Dogs, Vertigo 20, God Bless Baseball, SubVerse) is business as usual
UPDATES FOR SUNDAY 2 OCTOBER
The closing performance of the ten year anniversary Outdoor Concert Series will be a special performance of King of Ghosts, a live film score to a classic Indian film, created by India’s Soumik Datta and featuring Adelaide Symphony Orchestra. The venue has changed from Good Fortune Market to the Festival Theatre.
Please check back here or facebook.com/goodfortunemarket for the most up to date information.
Last updated 12:30pm Friday 30 September